Sunday, June 6, 2010

You better get used to it

So this morning I had the great idea of taking a run on this awesome trail here in Flagstaff. Not sure what made me think that was a good idea. Between the nice dry heat and the altitude I about busted a lung. So my jog turned into an hour power walk. Upon returning I was covered in a nice layer of dirt and coughing my internal organs up. It was great. Hey at least I got to sweat and feel for a while.
So one really shitty thing about the dryness out here is that my hair is breaking off. It dries really fast which is nice but I'm going to have a lot less of it when I get home! We went back into downtown Flagstaff for lunch and then got a relaxing pedicure. Tonight we just hung out and tried to relax.
My life is upside down right now. I'm about to go through a divorce if you did not know already. I'm just going to put it out there. It sucks, it hurts and it's sad. I'm not going to pretend any longer that I'm okay with it because I'm not. I'm hoping this trip will give me the strength that I need when I return home to get through what lies ahead. I'm so grateful for the company that I keep and being surrounded by strong people that will help me. It's very important in times like these to have people that can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. The light is very dim right now but I know it will be brighter one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment