Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Driving and crying


15 hours of driving from Oklahoma City to Flagstaff would make anyone want to cry. We hit an awesome trading post on the way that almost made the drive totally worth it. I've never been so happy to be on a lumpy sofa bed in all my life. It reminds me of being a child and making my grandmother sleep in the TV room with me on her sofa bed. Except I have to sleep in this one alone. I would always ask her to hold my hand while I fell asleep...that way she could not escape to the comforts of her own bed. Never ask a grandparent to sleep on a sofa bed...it's just cruel.
My goal of avoiding Cracker Barrels on this trip landed me at a Golden Corral for dinner. You can only imagine how this story will end ;-) I think tomorrow calls for a detox of a sorts. Eating on the road is not for the faint of stomach.
I can no longer hold my bloodshot eyes open...

No comments:

Post a Comment