Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wear'm if you got'm


So I hiked to the top, or what I thought was the top, of Cathedral Rock this morning. Somewhere along the way Heather and Lauren turned back. It got pretty steep so it was a good thing I had on my stretchy pants ;-) A girl needs to not be restricted on such a climb. So after climbing on all fours and hoisting myself up on rocks I turned around and looked out over Sedona. There was an amazing breeze and it was so quiet and peaceful. The trek down was hard because my legs were tired and the rocks were slick and steep. I obviously made it down and I'm so glad I did it.
After a quick shower we had a nice big lunch. I think a nap might be in my future. Tomorrow we head home. I don't want to go home. I don't want to return to the reality that I left behind. I do miss the dogs and would love to give my parents a big hug but other than that I'd just like to be left here.
We have a long drive tomorrow to Oklahoma City. Should take us about 14.5 hours not including stops. With the kind of stops we made on the way out here it will probably take us about 17 hours. Then you also have to factor in the two hour time change. Should be a long day.
All in all this had been a good trip. It is great to bond with your friends and not have to worry about work or responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment