Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy as a bee

Today started bright and early with breakfast at the Majestic with Lauren Fox. We were celebrating her birthday with a 9am waffle...not your average birthday meal. She took me over to see her new place in Virgina Highlands. It's super cool and I can't wait to see what she does with the place. We hit up Ikea next. We were both in need of a few things. I got some gaps to fill. I found two small book shelves that are going to make great bedside tables. Putting them together was just about as fun as getting a tooth pulled but it took longer. After two hours of "building" I have bruises and a busted blood vessel in my finger but I have two marvelous nightstands to show for it. Just after inserting the last screw Autumn arrive for her laundry time. She comes over every now and then to do laundry but we really just use it as an excuse to hang out and shoot the shit. The minute she pulled out of the driveway I was off to a neighbors house to say goodbye. She's moving to L.A. where I am sure all her dreams will come true. Anyway, she's a friend and a client and she needed a send off. I came home with a huge bottle of vodka and some tonic so it seems like I got the good end of that stick. After placing the vodka in the freezer with it's kind I started back packing boxes. That soon grew old so I moved on to bread. I baked two loaves that came out looking like large potatoes but they taste good. That's all I really care about. The house smells wonderful so that is a plus. Tomorrow I'll get fresh ingredients and try again. It's currently a quarter to two and I need to go to bed but I'm wired. This keeps happening. I feel like I have the hebegebees.

No comments:

Post a Comment