Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sedona-rita


This morning we got up and headed out for a nice scenic drive through the mountains into Sedona. The four of us did about five hours of shopping. We were total tourist today in our search for amazing turquoise jewelry and thoroughly exhausted once we were done. The red rocks in Sedona are amazing and we have planned to return there for our last day and hike to Cathedral Rock. I've been told it's a steep but amazing hike and well worth it once to make it to the top. People claim that the vibe on top of the rock is like no other and that I should benefit from those good vibes it gives out. I'll take anything I can get right now. I must recommend the Oaxaca Mexican Restaurant in Sedona and their house margarita. It was the best thing I could have done for myself yesterday. Two of those bad boys and I was good to go.
Summer headed back home today after spending two days with us. It was really great to see her and reconnect. We only see each other every few years. We bonded several years back during an amazing summer time filled with all sorts of stuff young girls do that their parent's would be ashamed off ;-) We reminisced about riding on the back of motorcycles, hanging out at The Waffle House all night, shooting guns, chasing boys and spending our paychecks as soon as we got them. Sounds real classy.
Tomorrow is our "day off" which means we don't have to drive anywhere and we have no set plans. It will be nice to relax and not get behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment