Monday, June 7, 2010

The taste of nostalgia


We went to The Grand Canyon today. Amazing!!! I took tons of great pictures, sat by the rim and felt how small I was and then ate a bowl of vegetarian chili that reminded me of home. We had lunch at the fancy pants lodge that was at the south rim. The chili tasted like the chili that Clay and I always cooked during the fall. It tasted sad in my mouth but I soon got over it and moved on to a salad.
The views today were overwhelming at times and just awesome. I would go back in a heartbeat. There was this overhang that was just calling my name so I ventured out and took a seat. I'm very scared of heights so this was insane for me to do. Sitting there and looking out into that canyon was the best thing I could have done for myself today. Lauren was across the way and got a great picture. It's the one I posted with this blog and I'm in the top right corner. Click on the picture and it will make it larger so you can see me. Every time I think back about sitting there I get a rush of anxiety!!
I've got the vodka and tonic back out tonight and laughing my ass off. It's great to be with such great friends right now and really let loose. It's much need!

No comments:

Post a Comment