Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today is my first day of Fall Semester. So far I don't care for my art history teacher but it's just the first day. We will see how that one goes. I am home right now because I have a three hour break between classes. It gives me a chance to come home and walk the dogs, eat lunch and get some extra stuff done. I got up at 6:45am this morning and had a nice walk/jog. It was so nice out. There was a killer summer breeze and no humidity. I can feel fall coming!!! This is my favorite time of year starting with my birthday. Whoot whoot!
Coming home from the beach kind of sucked but it does feel good to get back into the swing of things. My next mini vacation will be at the end of October. Aaron and I have rented a cabin for a long weekend. It's part of my birthday gift from him. We spent a weekend at a cabin last fall and it was so much fun we decided it was something that we needed to make into a yearly tradition.
So I am embarking on a journey to let go of the past. I had a great frozen yogurt date with Autumn yesterday and she brought it to my attention that I keep holding on to too much stuff from my past and that's affecting my present. Keeping your mind in the present is kind of hard...think about how many times you think about the past or tell stories about past things that have happened. I'm talking about things that need to be let go of and not talked about anymore, not thing that are positive. It's hard to try and let those things go but it's important for moving on and creating a positive mindset. So per Autumns advice, I started the day telling myself that I will be thinking about today and only today. On my walk/jog this morning I went through all the things that I am thankful for today and that put me in a pretty darn good mood. It might not work everyday but it sure worked today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment