Monday, August 8, 2011

Gillian Welch

Saturday was a fun day!!! Aaron and I decided after a full month of strict dieting that we would splurge and splurge we did! We went to La Fonda for lunch where I chowed down on chips and queso followed by a cheese quesadilla with rice and beans. Dinner was even better...The Vortex. Bluemoon, bacon cheese burger, fried pickle spears and sweet potato fires!! It's now Monday and boy am I paying for that splurge. It's going to take me all week to get back down to the magic number but it was worth it. After our amazing dinner we went over to The Variety Playhouse to see the one and only Gillian Welch, oh and her sidekick Dave Rawlings. I don't think he gets enough credit. He is a BA!! The show was absolutely amazing. It was hands down the best live performance I have ever seen. We stood right up front at their feet and I sang along the whole time. Singing along is evidently something people don't do at her shows because as I looked around every one's lips were sealed. Boring!!! It was uncanny how quiet of a show it was, the audience I mean, the respect in that room was overwhelming. I have never considered following a tour around but this one I would. I could watch these two every night and not get bored.
So I am at the beach and this is day one of my two week vacation. I hope to god I can chill out and get some good relaxing in. This past week I have been an emotional basket case and the mood swings are enough to make me was to scream. There are some other things going on too and I am starting to wondering if I am either A. Depressed or B. Have a hormonal imbalance of some sort. I'm going to give it a few weeks and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment