Monday, August 1, 2011

Alone Time

This past weekend was full of what some of us cherish, "alone time". Is it that we love ourselves so much or just hate the company of other people that makes alone time so awesome!?! Ha! I soaked it up to the fullest and bathed in the solitude. Don't get me wrong, I love being with my friends and family but sometimes it's nice not to have to consider another person for a while. Is that selfish? I personally think that something is wrong with you if you can't entertain yourself ;-) My big thing is talking. Sometimes I don't want to talk. I know that must shock the majority of you considering that I talk ALL THE TIME! Saturday I played "Man of the House" cleaning and staining the decks as well as riding the driveway of some mildew. While doing this I listened to NPR which I never do on on Saturday. There were some pretty good shows and I did a lot of laughing.I suggest NPR on the weekends. Sunday I did get up and take a jog but then I played "Couch Potato" and managed to take two long naps and watch three movies. I of course watched my Sunday staples, CBS Sunday Morning and 60 Minutes. At some point I found myself in the kitchen cooking myself dinner and listening to vinyl...thankfully, 45 minutes later I was back under the covers. I have to say, all and all I was very pleased with my weekend. I think it was long over do as I sometimes don't know when to stop. It was a great follow up to the end of summer semester and the best way to prep for my beach vacation ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment