Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Killer Weekend



Aaron and I had such an awesome weekend and I thought I'd share it with you ;-) Friday started off with me cleaning a clients house then heading to Athens for a tattoo. I've been thinking about this one for a while and when Lindsay found David Hale on Facebook I knew he had to be the artist to do it. His approach it so different and he comes from a more artist background. I've included a picture so you can see how it's coming along. It was so incredibly painful that I punked out when it came time to do the color. He barely got started and I felt like I was going into shock and about to pass out. I go back in November to have it finished. That evening Aaron and I went to the Righteous Room and enjoyed a few drinks and had some great conversation. On Saturday we walked up to Grant Park for the Summer Shade Festival and took in the festivities. We ate at the WoodFired Pizza stand...Aaron's authentic pizza is way better. He's thinking of starting a mobile pizza business in Chattanooga so it was "priceless market research" he said ;-) On the way out of the festival I got a YumYum cupcake. Texture was killer but I was wanting a more rich flavor...I've gotten so picky with my gourmet treats!! Saturday afternoon we ran errands for a while then hit up the Little Azio's for pasta then took in a movie at Midtown Art Cinema. We say "Our Idiot Brother" with Paul Rudd. More of a chick flick than we thought but still enjoyable. After a solid nights sleep we got up Sunday and took a walk to the GSU campus. I was wanting Aaron to walk with me so I could scope it out and see if I felt safe about walking to my morning class twice a week. It was a great walk with the cool breeze and we hit up the Grant Park Farmers Market on the walk back. Aaron scored a fresh BLT with pimento cheese and I have some yummy peach fried pie. Both were very yummy. We are really excited about how cool the farmers market is. We will be going back next Sunday!! After we got back and showered we went to Phillips Arena to see Cirque du Soleil's Dralion. It was just okay. It was a smaller production. I wished that since it was Aaron's first show that it had been more dramatic and larger. There were of course still some cool parts. We came home and Aron fixed the hot water heater while I cleaned the house. Had to get a few chores done ;-) Sunday evening we went and tried Delia's Chicken Sausage on Moreland then went over to 97 Estoria and enjoyed the patio. The weather was amazing this weekend! SO that was our weekend!! It was killer right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment