Monday, January 10, 2011

30 for 30 Challenge

Today I am snowed in so I've decided to get creative around the house. I plan on cleaning and organizing ect...but I am also going to hit my closet and take on something called the 30 for 30 Challenge. I have to pick out 30 pieces of clothing, including shoes, and make 30 outfits. I can only wear these thirty pieces for the next month. Oh an I cannot shop for any clothes within those thirty days either. I think it sounds like a fun challenge. In the mean time, while I pick out my 30, I hope to clear out some stuff to take to goodwill. I swear I make two trips a year to goodwill. I think that means I shop too much!! Or buy things I don't really care for...somethings awry.
OKay...so it's two hours later and I've cleaned the closet up nicely but I've yet to pick mt thirty items. It's a lot harder than I thought. I'm wondering if I can pick them as I go?? I would not think that I wear more than thirty items a month anyway, I guess I'll find out. I did get a nice bag of stuff together for goodwill. I'll keep you posted on my 30 outfits. The goal will be to photo them each day and keep a record of the different outfits I make. Maybe by the end of the thirty days I will be able to part with even more items that I don't use regularly. One thing to note is that pjs and workout gear do not count.
Here is the original blog where I got the idea. I think she's on to something cool.
http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/p/30-for-30-remixes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment