Saturday, May 14, 2011

Let the games begin

Wow-wee!! The last month has been intense and busy. Spring semester ended and I earned two B's and one A. So...yes, I passed Spanish! Now I get to spend summer semester stressing out about passing Spanish II. I'm looking forward to knocking out two classes in 7 weeks. Autumn is in my art history course so that should be super fun. The last class we had together was photography senior year of high school. 11 years ago! That just made me feel old. Everything is making me feel old with 30 lurking around the corner.

I've got this month off and I am cramming in the fun. So far, Aaron and I drove up to Philly for a weekend of art and food. We had a blast! We went to The Museum of Art, compared cheese steaks and Gino's and Pat's, visited The Barnes Foundation(most amazing collection of art I've ever laid my eyes on), took a double-decker bus tour of the city, ate amazing food at The Reading Terminal and feasted on aged gouda from the fromage gods. Last weekend was Mother's Day celebrating and this weekend we are in Houston. Mom, Aaron and I left Thursday morning and hit up New Orleans on the way. We grabbed a quick po'boy and some beignets before we continued our journey to Texas. On the way home we plan to stop in Biloxi. Last night we had an amazing dinner in downtown Houston at a place called Americas. Highly recommend the sea bass. Today we are heading back downtown for a beer tasting and some local cuisine. I also get to visit The Rothko Chapel! My next adventure this month is a camping excursion. This will be my first! In June I have a tentative trip to Miami and then a weekend getaway with Lauren Fox to St. Simon's to celebrate her 30th birthday. So I'm busy as usual!

All in all things are good right now. Just staying busy and moving forward. Spending some quality time with my family and friends and soaking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment