Friday, April 8, 2011

Rescue schmescue

Enter Sofia. I am going on one week with a new baby in the house. Sofia "Weezah" Coppola is the newest addition to the family. She is a six year old miniature schnauzer and looks a lot like her older broham Peter Cook. So far things have been okay. We have hit a few bumps in the road as Sofia has never been around any other dogs than the one she grew up with. So passing dogs on walks, meeting new furry friends and sharing her space with unfamiliar faces has been a little scary for her. She also does not know how to share but she sure knows how to boss! She's a bit scrappy and likes to go for the jugular but we are working on all that ;-) Pete and Sofia have both made great progress this week and can now both sit in my lap, get treats and lay in the bed together without any growling. I am hoping over the next month Sofia will start to settle in more and find that she really does live in a loving home and is surrounded by people and furry friends that care a great deal about her.

We are down to the final weeks of school and I am looking forward to a break in May. Fingers crossed that I pass Spanish!!! Summer classes should be fun. Autumn and I are taking a class together which will be a blast!! Let's hope we get some work done ;-)
In May, Aaron and I are taking a road trip up to Philly to look at some very important artwork than another road trip with my Mom out to Houston to visit family. This will be Aaron's first time to Philly and Houston. Oh the food he will be eating!!! While in Houston I plan to take a day to visit the Rothko Chapel and once again see some very important artwork. I guess the theme for May is ART! I can't get enough of it!

Bathing suit season is fast approaching and around here we are all on diets. Lindsay (my roommate) has lost around 17 pounds, Mom has dropped a few, Aaron is shedding, I've lost almost 9 pounds and Autumn is working out and doing it up. It seems like all we've been talking about for the past month is calories ;-) It's good to have a support system. I find it motivates me to workout more and eat better.

My close friends Jennifer and Trish welcomed a baby boy a little over two weeks ago. His name is Oliver Charles Anderson-Watts and he is a cutie. When ever I tell someone his name I get funny responses..."that's a mouth full", "That sounds like a law firm", "those are all last names"...I think it's a very studious name and he needs a bow tie!

I was thinking about cooking dinner tonight but after not cooking for almost a year I just don't feel inspired. Aaron does such a great job in the kitchen that I'm a little intimidated to get back in there. Now if we were having cake for dinner I could do it up! Plus Friday is always a good night for La Fonda and margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment