Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Sister's Keeper


I went to see this film with my husband who has not read the book...unlike me. After reading the book the movie was a disappointment. I tried not to tell Clay any details from the book until the movie was over. Once I gave him the run down of the changes he said he preferred the book version too. Not to say the movie is not good but it's just not anywhere near as enjoyable at the book. Your heart strings get tugged something awful no matter which version you go for.
Abigail Breslin and Alec Baldwin are the only two actors that really translate their book characters. Which is a shame because the story does not come across as strong at it could have. Cameron Diaz does not at all make sense but for the movie version I guess she does okay.
Clay's one liner was "Hollywood f**ked it up again"

1 comment:

  1. The book was much better. The dad and son hardly had any scenes like in the book. The girls dominated - I think the 3 kids did the best job acting.

    ReplyDelete