Sunday, December 28, 2008

Seven Pounds


I thought this was a pretty cool story. One I wish that I could fulfill...minus the suicide. The way the main character affected the people in his life was overwhelming at times. It was depressing but not so much that it made me depressed. You have to know going into the movie that it is going to be heavy and just prepare yourself. Many people I talked to that have seen it said they cried but I was not moved to tears. I just remember thinking "how awesome!!" 
"The seven people Tim helps are Emily Posa (to whom he gives his heart), Ezra Turner (to whom he gives his eyes), Ben Thomas (to whom he gives his lung), Holly (to whom he gives his right half of his liver), Connie (to whom he gives his house), Nicholas (to whom he donates bone marrow) and George (to whom he donates a kidney to in order to get off of dialysis). Hence the title of the movie is finally revealed: Ben kills seven people, but saves seven lives. He eases the load of guilt he had for the seven lives he took, and got rid of those "seven pounds" by saving seven other lives."

1 comment: